We protect your freedom to fly by…
- advocating on behalf of our members,
- educating pilots, nonpilots, and policy makers alike,
- supporting activities that ensure the long-term health of General Aviation,
- fighting to keep General Aviation accessible to all, and
- securing sufficient resources to ensure our success.
AOPA is the beacon for those who cherish the freedom to fly. It demonstrates what is possible when a determined organization listens to its members, collaborates with its colleagues, finds solutions with its partners in government, and focuses its resources—all to secure the future of General Aviation. AOPA’s success is proof that the public good can be served while individual freedoms are preserved.
As members of a vibrant and diverse community, we at AOPA commit to the following defining values.
- Initiative - Getting things started and getting things done—the ability to identify and follow-through on an idea, task, plan, or action.
- Teamwork - Working together to reach a common goal.
- Service - Commitment to using all of our skills, experience and resources for the benefit of our members, the GA community, and the AOPA team.
- Integrity - Commitment to ethical principles.
- Excellence - An environment that fosters pride and success in what we do for our members and general aviation.