Keep These Points in Mind:
- Real-time weather. PIREPs provide critical real-time flight conditions that other sources lack.
- Plan ahead. Review PIREPs as an essential part of your preflight planning.
- In-flight updates—you can get PIREPs while en route.
- Giving a PIREP is easy.
- Give and get. The more PIREPs we have, the better.
- Pay it forward. Give a PIREP on every flight outside of the traffic pattern.
- Consider providing a Route PIREP to describe conditions between two or more points.
- Reports of actual weather conditions are indispensable when the weather turns out better (or worse) than forecast.
- PIREPs—including fair weather PIREPs—provide key information to improve forecasts.
The more PIREPs we have, the better.