Exclusive AOPA Pro Pilot benefits include:
Don't Leave the Ground Without AOPA's Pilot Protection Services
As disciplined and meticulous pilots, we’re always striving to achieve that perfect flight from engine startup to shut down. However, even the most experienced pilot can get distracted by a passenger or have a momentary bout of information overload while trying to copy an amended clearance on climb out, resulting in an inadvertent deviation from an ATC instruction that ultimately gets the attention of the FAA.
AOPA’s Pilot Protection Services knows that your pilot and medical certificates mean everything to you, and that’s why our trusted Legal Services Plan attorneys and Medical Certification Specialists are here to help protect them when things don’t go as planned.
AOPA's Legal Services Plan*
- Unlimited consultation by phone with AOPA’s in-house staff attorneys regarding any aviation-related legal issue, including Part 135 Operations;
- Legal representation in FAA enforcement actions to suspend or revoke your certificates;
- Aviation-related accident/incident coverage;
- Alcohol and drug testing coverage in connection with your flight activities;
- Representation in administrative proceedings regarding US Customs and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) violations and much more!
*See LSP Plan Description at AOPA.org/pps for complete coverages, exclusions, and limitations.
AOPA’s Medical Certification Services
- Our Medical Certification Staff can review your medical records and MedXPress application prior to submitting to the FAA to help identify red flags that could result in a deferral or denial of your medical certificate.
- At your request, we can conduct inquiries with the FAA to update you on the status of your medical application and will assist you until the FAA has issued a decision.
- We can also discuss how a recent medical diagnosis could impact your ability to fly.
- 12 issues of AOPA Pilot magazine – Turbine edition (both digital and print);
- Dedicated helpline for Professional Pilots to access aviation tools and resources;
- Members-only access to affordable Term Life, and AD&D Insurance;
- Exclusive 20% discount on AOPA’s Pilot Gear store purchases and free ground shipping on orders totaling $75 and above.