Clarification of Flight Training During a Standard VIP TFR
Student pilots may be present on the ground at any airport inside the TFR:
- While on the ground their training activities are not restricted by the TFR.
- TFR flight restrictions only restrict airborne flight training activity.
Flight school aircraft may enter/exit the TFR, following TFR rules, with the flight instructor as Pilot in Command.
- While in the TFR there will be no flight training.
- The student may be on board as a passenger but cannot receive flight training inside the TFR.
- Once the flight school aircraft has exited the TFR the instructor/student can conduct flight training outside of the TFR.