User Group Checklist
- Determine appropriate membership and send out invitations.
- Notify the local FAA ATC facility a user group is being organized.
- Invite FAA to make a presentation at the first meeting.
- First meeting - a chairperson is selected who assigns the following tasks:
- Taking of meeting notes
- Representative to attend informal airspace meeting(s)
- Representative to attend FAA public meeting(s), if held
- Preparation of group's written comments to the NPRM
- Preparation of group's report and recommendations to FAA
- As needed for subsequent meetings, invite experts, including FAA, who are not members.
- Ensure the final report includes:
- Textual description and graphic of the recommended airspace
- Accurate, complete discussion of any adverse impact of the proposed airspace
- Results of the process to reach consensus